Why your old toothbrush might be your hair's best friend

Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Before I say start, I would like to clarify the categories of people that this particular post relate to. Having an African British heritage, I am more biased towards understanding 4a-4c hair types. However, my biracial and asian friends agree on some aspects of this technique as stated.
 silver baby brush


 gentleman's hair brush





Many a-times, we spend at least 2 - 3 weeks on a manual toothbrush and toss it in the bin. Correct me if I'm wrong on the number of times you use yours.

WHY OLD BRUSHES?

The point is this: old tooth brushes are much better at tackling those fine, fragile baby hairs on the edges of our foreheads. Why?

Softer bristles - from continuous usage
Gentler application
Finer definition

Of course padded brushes are mush preferred but unless I use them for defining the bulk of my hairs, I have realised that they actually do more damage by pulling out my edged hairs (reference to 4a-4c hair types). And why would I spend ridiculous amounts on brand name when my old toothbrushes need me the most? haha

 TADA!

'I get fine, flawless results good enough for me that lasts through the day'.
This is just my opinion and thought to share :) 



COMMENT BELOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PREFERRED TECHNIQUES.

share this post