BEAUTY TIP | 6 shades for all tones

Thursday, 21 August 2014

click on the lipstick titles below to shop

With Autumn (2014) just around the corner, I have collaborated with 6 gorgeous ladies to make a BEAUTY TIP post just for you! It's unbelieveable how long I have procrastinated on publishing this, don't blame me I just wanted perfection 'haha OCD' but here it is now. Shopping is amazing right? However I personally get embarrassed after spending forever in the make-up aisle swatching lipsticks on the back of my hand. Since looking like a mis-matched clown is not an option, getting the picture perfect lipstick shade is quite an essential make-up rule. This is why I have created this post to cater for all tones if you're as impatient as me.

           Using the general exfoliate and moisturise steps, here are the (6) shades we've obtained:


Shade(s) 1 | MAC PEACH BLOSSOM & 2 TRUE (AMANDA)
          Amanda's   photography blog // photography website
+ Mac peach blossom lined with Collection 2000 lip definer 
+ 2 True and NYX:  For this, I used a combination of 2True colour drench lip gloss in the shade 10, and in the middle of the gloss, I added NYX soft matte lip cream in istanbul - and this gave me quite an ombre looking effect.


Shade 2 | MAC RUBY WOO (VICTORIA)
Victoria's twitter page
+MAC ruby woo lipstick based with carmex/ any lipbalm. ''
Firstly I apply a bit of the carmex to my lips before hand (a little goes a long way). I start by lining my lips with the collection lip definer in the shade 'damson'. Then I fill it with the liner before applying 'mac ruby woo' '' 

Shade 3 | TOPSHOP PLEASED AS PUNCH (GABI AND AUSTEJA)
Gabi's facebook // Austeja facebook

+ Topshop pleased as punch: ''It's very bright, which I wouldn't normally use... Stands out a lot.. 
Looks interesting ''

Shade 4 | SLEEK BERRY PLUM (similar) & KATE MOSS (VICTORIA JO)
Victoria A's art blog

Sleek Plum berry  purple ''Purple is dark and helps me express myself in a way that most colours cant. What I love most about this product is its glossy finish''
+ Kate Moss rossetto rouge ''I like the colour and it smells gorgeous. Im also taken away by the matte finish. I like to be simple so I don't go over this with any lipgloss and it works out just fine''

Shade 5 | NUDE & MAC SATIN REBEL (HIRA)
Hirushi's instagram 
+ Nude COLOUR: ''Its plain and glossy. I mix to create an ombre effect'' just like Amanda 
+ MAC satin rebel: ''its not too glossy and it gives me a lovely matte look. It stays on and gives a pinkish purply girly colour. Depending on my mood, I often intensify it''

Shade 6 | MAC SATIN VELVET (SUSAN)
MAC Satin Verve ''its gorgeous, creamy on application and smells divine. I love wearing it as my go to nude and it compliments my complexion. It can also be worn as an autumn/ winter shade''


That's it gorgeous people, you've seen the reviews and read for yourselves. I hope this gives you ideas for your next lipstick haul (s). What are your current favourites? Don't forget to check out the links to my models... Their websites, blogs and social mia accounts are amazing! 
Thanks for reading!
Susan 
x
bloglovin | lookbook | tumblr | twitter | instagram




share this post